I think that the search for companionship is the universal human experience. After our basic needs like food and shelter are taken care of, we all hunger to find the person/people who understand us and want our company in return. I am happiest when I have meaningful relationships with others.
What Makes The GFE Very Popular
In the modern era, we are increasingly disconnected from other people. How often have you been on a date where the other person spents the whole night on their phone? Tried to catch up with friends only to have them be too busy with family and work? Had someone reach out to you, only to be too busy yourself? We have so many demands it’s rare to find time to be totally available for someone and have them reciprocate 100% in return.
GFE is all about that connection. It’s a beautiful thing to put the world away for an hour or two and have a companion devote all their attention on you. GFE means different things to different people (after all, no two girlfriends are the same), but I think a common thread that separates it from a more basic full service, is a more personable approach where talking, kissing and making a genuine connection are encouraged.
Misconceptions About The GFE
“We get on so well, we should date in real life.”
Seeing an escort for GFE and dating one are two very different experiences. High end escorts are busy, messy, frustrating humans just like everyone else. We put all that aside during our time with you, because you because you pay us to. I enjoy the experience a great deal, but it’s not representative of what I’d be like to date.
“GFE is the best, all other services are seedy or cheap.”
Everyone has a different approach to sex work and different things work for different people. There can be a tendency to try and put providers and clients into a hierarchy, but what’s the point in that?What works for you is what’s best.
“$550 an hour, that’s $4400 a day! You make over a million a year.”
I often see logic defying math applied my my earnings. Generally this is an attempt to shame me into a discounted rate, but sometimes it’s genuine confusion based on a few assumptions:
- That we see back to back clients all day, every day. I generally see 1-2 clients a week – less work ensures I’m excited to see everyone I meet – you’re paying for exclusivity.
- That we don’t have expenses or pay tax. I put aside half of my earnings to cover insurance premiums, tax and compulsory contributions to the government retirement scheme. After that I still have to pay rent for my incall, advertising, transport to and from appointments and for all the hair products, make up, lingerie and clothes I use for work.
- That we earn a salary. My hourly rate is only paid when I’m face to face with a client. All the prep work and administration is unpaid, as are sick leave and holidays.
What Makes Me The Perfect Companion
I love connecting with people: finding things in common, new things to love, listening and learning. I’m confident, but quietly so. I put my clients at ease while letting there be space for their ideas and desires.
But I think the most important part of my success in the industry is that I am comfortable with who I am and am good at communicating that. I can’t possibly please everyone, but my advertising and screening ensures that those people are looking elsewhere, while I’m with those I can show the time of their lives.
Tips For Clients To Truly Enjoy The GFE
- Research your escort. I put a lot of effort into my advertising copy and Twitter to ensure that you can get a good idea of my personality and physical presence before we meet. Doing your research means you have the best chance of meeting someone you click with first try. This is also a good time to check if they are reputable- presence on established advertising sites, social media presence, reviews and length of time in the industry are all good signs. Most high end escorts will require screening information and/or deposits. Make sure you are comfortable with this before you reach out.
- Make the booking process smooth. When you contact your chosen escort make sure you follow any guidelines she gives. Be prepared to provide a deposit and/or screening information. Do not haggle about these requirements or about price. Most escorts will simply stop replying, but some may be pressured into seeing you – they will then be on edge and stressed after your interaction. A smooth and polite booking process puts us at ease and in the best mood to show you a wonderful time.
- Just book! After you’ve done your reading and got the funds together, it’s time to reach out and make a time to meet. Waiting too long can build anxiety that will make it hard to enjoy your time together. It can also lead to disappointment if you build up too many expectations in your head (there’s only so much you can do in one session!). Or, worst of all, while you delay the escort of your choice may leave the industry. So take a deep breath and reach out before it’s too late!
Amelia Appleby – Amelia is a high end, independent escort in Wellington, New Zealand. Her approach to sex work is based on the idea of genuine human connection being an essential part of a healthy life. With over 10 years in the industry, Amelia prides herself on bringing passion and calm confidence to every meeting.
Follow Amelia Appleby on
Amelia is available in Wellington city and the rest of NZ by appointment!
Images from Amelia Appleby
Like to be featured on SimplySxy? Drop us an email at editorial@SimplySxy.com!